The 36th District Democrats will hold two endorsement cycles in 2023: one for the August 2023 Primary Election, and one for the November 2023 General Election. The following is a summary of how the processes work. For further information, please consult the 36th District Democrats Endorsement Rules 2023, 2023 Endorsement Interview Rules, and the bylaws.
Are you a candidate? Ready to schedule an interview? See below for the schedule & link or go directly to our Endorsement Interview Booking page! If you are looking for the King County Democrats Questionnaire, you can find it here: https://www.kcdems.org/candidate-questionnaire/
- The 36th District Democrats are only able to endorse candidates for offices whose jurisdiction includes some part of the 36th Legislative District.
- In cases where the race appears on general election ballots but not primary ballots within the 36th District, we will not consider the race until the endorsement cycle for the General Election begins.
- If at least one candidate we endorsed for the primary election makes it through to the general election, we will not consider the race again for the general election cycle.
- To be considered, candidates must identify as a Democrat (except for Judicial candidates), and must fill out a questionnaire with the King County Democrats.
- Once the questionnaire is complete, we will contact you to schedule an interview.
Primary Election Cycle
- Interviews will be held in late April – early May.
- We will reserve the Sunday after filing week (May 21) for candidates who had not declared their candidacy until filing week.
- The Executive Board will vote to make a recommendation for an endorsement after all interviews for a given position have been completed. This recommendation is not an endorsement.
- The general body will meet on the Wednesday after filing week (May 24) to vote on endorsements.
General Election Cycle
- Interviews will be held in late August – early September.
- The executive board will meet after all interviews have been completed (date TBD) to make a recommendation for an endorsement. This recommendation is not an endorsement.
- The general body will meet on Wednesday, September 20 to vote on endorsements.
Candidate Interview Scheduling
Please only use this if you are a candidate for a position up for the 2023 Primary Election. You will need to complete the King County Democrats Questionnaire in order to be interviewed.