The 36th District Democrats’ Executive Board has made new endorsement recommendations to the membership for the general election. The membership will vote on them at its next meeting on September,18th at 7PM at the Phinney Neighborhood Center. The recommendations listed below will each require a simple majority of the membership to pass. If any fails, a member is free to offer another endorsement motion from the floor, but it will require a 2/3 vote to be successful.
- Seattle Mayor: Ed Murray
- Initiative 517 (Eyman Initiative Reform): Rejected
- Initiative 522 (GMO Labeling): Approved
- Advisory Votes 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7: Maintained
- King County Medic One and EMS Levy: Approved
- Seattle Charter Amendment 19 (District Elections): (No recommendation made)
- Seattle Proposition 1 (Public Financing of Campaigns): Approved
- WA Court of Appeals, Div. I, Dist. 1, Pos. 3: James Verellen
- Seattle School District Director Dist. IV: Suzanne Dale Estey and Sue Peters (dual)
- Seattle School District Director Dist. V: Stephan Blanford
- Seattle School District Director Dist. VII: Betty Patu
IMPORTANT: These are recommendations only and are merely the first step of an endorsement process that culminates in the endorsement meeting of our membership on September 18th at the Phinney Neighborhood Center.